Sunday, February 08, 2009

How Many Jobs Lost?

Listen to the Speaker of the House claim the 500,000,000 Americans have lost their jobs.



This statement fascinates me, since in 2009 the U.S. population was estimated at just over 300,000.

Unless this figure includes the fact that I have (or would have)been rejected as a model for Speedos, a weight-loss guru, or spokesman for more government (i.e Pelosi is counting more than one job per person in the United States), it must mean that Pelosi and the like have no damn clue what their talking about, or that they wish to make the problem seem worse than it actually is.

Whichever is true, the implications are alarming.

By the way, there is a good reason for the Speedo company's rejection of my sponsorship...

Thanks to Robert Murphy for leading me to this clip.

4 comments:

  1. You're forgetting all the illegal aliens who also have lost their jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:01 PM

    Sorry, Aristos, but I believe the census data puts the U.S. at just over "300,000,000", not 300,000. You really Pelosied that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually put that one in there on purpose. A little irony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you were also being ironic for saying Pelosi referred to total job losses of 500 million, when in fact she said every month the US would shed that many jobs.

    I think you're right, Aristos, she must have in mind stuff like, "Honey, I changed that pain in the butt light bulb in the bathroom. Do you have any other jobs for me or can I watch 24 now?"

    ReplyDelete

Bill of Rights