Friday, April 10, 2009

Read The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Great Depression and the New Deal

It won't be long until most television series have their season finales. By the end of May, most of you will suddenly find some free time on your hands.

With that free time, consider reading The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Great Depression and the New Deal, by Robert P. Murphy.

I did my best to spread the word, Bob, but the truth is that my mom isn't likely to pick it up and BAR will probably just borrow my own copy.

Then again, maybe Golf Guy will emerge from the abyss, and Surrealist is more than likely to take up the challenge.

That's about it for my regular readers. There used to be this guy who called himself "Howling Mad" Murdock, but he spends most of his time now stuffing his face with fish sticks. Man, he loves fish sticks. Actually, he's not all that discriminating. He loves stuffing his face with sticks from any and all species.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Aristos. Your blog is about quality readers, not quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How did you know about my love of fish sticks? Especially with this being lent, I probably choke down 12 fish sticks every Friday. I especially like my fish sticks with some homemade creamy tartar sauce. Can anyone resist a fish stick covered in tartar sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can some explain to me why Catholics insist on eating fish (or more precisely not eating meat - def beef, pork, chicken) on Fridays during Lent?

    Is this meant as some superficial gesture of a sacrifice? If so, why do all Catholics need sacrifice the same things at the same time - seems rather cult-ish, and in no way biblical. Fasting on the other hand is biblical, AND an actual sacrifice. I contend that eating fried cod or broiled red snapper doesn't quite quality. The whole purpose, Biblically, was to grow closer to God by using the fasting time to pray, etc.

    I will not lament Christ's death, but I will lament Christians who don't know God's word.

    ReplyDelete

Bill of Rights