Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Beethoven Clip

I've posted about Beethoven before. He was, in my estimation, the finest of all the composers, and I do not make this statement lightly. I am also a huge fan of Berlioz, Bach, Dvorak, Tchaikovsky, and Wagner. Mozart was great, but he never lifted my soul to its feet or dashed it to its knees.

I just ran across this clip from Immortal Beloved. I'm posting it because I think that it is produced well. Two scenes strike me the most. First, when he is a boy in the starlit pond. Second, when the conductor has to turn the maestro around to face the crowd because Beethoven, while able to hear the music of the 9th Symphony in his heart, could not hear the crowd's standing ovation.

2 comments:

  1. Beethoven? I hated those movies! Like a St. Bernard can do all that stuff? Yeah, right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MikeKaz6:13 PM

    I agree. I never really like Mozart that much. But Dvorak and Beethoven are excellent.

    ReplyDelete

Bill of Rights