Monday, March 16, 2009

Just a Rant

Kiefer Sutherland is to modern drama what John Wayne was to our grandparents.

The sad truth is that no man such as Jack Bauer or Rooster Cogburn has ever existed (at least as an employee of the state).

Seriously, I love watching 24, but it doesn't escape me that this guy was trained by and works for the same government that engineered the actions in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Sure, you might argue that these operations had merit (and you might also argue on weak ground--except for, perhaps, Afghanistan), but clearly there are no Bauers on this country's payroll.

However, there are plenty of Obama's--men who spent nary a moment in defense of the constitution, but instead have plans to render it more worthless than double-ply Charmin (try wiping your butt with the Constitution, and you'll know what I mean).

Or you can just ask President Obama what it feels like, for he's been wiping his butt with the Constitution since he took office.

When will we realize that, if we truly adore the founding fathers, this government that we have is the very kind which they declared independence from and fought against?

The answer, of course, is probably never. While we enjoy much more technology than the people of the late 18th century, we are--beyond a doubt--far dumber.

We neither know the function of a constitution, nor do we appreciate the function. If I were not a part of the masses beneath the federal monstrosity, I would say that the people deserve what they've wrought.


I love America and all that it is supposed to represent; however, I feel like the parent of a meth-addicted child. I still love it/him/her, but I know that its future is down the drain.

Do you wish to know the definition of a co-dependent? It's those of you who continue to vote for republicans or democrats.

Don't you see that these are the very people who have led us to this?

And yet those of us who support "third parties" are ridiculed for being unrealistic and absurd.

Well, you have your reality. How absurd is it that you approve of it?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:07 PM

    I see your point, Aristos, but comparing Kiefer Sutherland to John Wayne? Come on! The closest thing we have to John Wayne these days is Clint Eastwood, and he's getting old. Bruce Willis has done a lot of Duke-like films. Go any younger, and the choices get slim. Jake Gyllenhal? I think "Brokeback Mountain" ruined his chances for comparison. So, "Yippee ki-yay, mf-er!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what your point was with Kiefer Sutherland. Are you actually in favor of his ends justify the means behavior? Torture, ignore privacy, etc.

    You're not okay with Obama's complete disregard for the Constitution, but okay w/ that?

    Were you just baiting me with this post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:27 PM

    I like Donald Sutherland more. But then again, I am a MASH child...

    Anyway, would monday or wednesday be a good time to visit next week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see your point, Drew, and I raise you fifty.

    Note that Bauer is never wrong. His actions always save lives that exceed any unfortunate collateral damage.

    On any ledger, this works out in favor of humanity.

    What I was saying is that the Bauer character is awesome, but like all of John Wayne's characters, completely fictional.

    Sure, Bauer tortures people, but Bob hasn't made such a pacifist of me yet that I don't think that some people should suffer--especially after 45 minutes of action-drama.

    The bigger truth is that men such as Bauer wouldn't be "necessary" or imagined as "necessary" if this government didn't spend half of its time in other countries' business.

    I'll add to that the federal government would be better off leaving its own country alone. This whole stimulus package crap is, to medicine, the equivalent of a good bleeding.

    ReplyDelete

Bill of Rights