Friday, July 28, 2006

Funny Site

On Thursday, my six-year-old complained of an aching lower belly and that it hurt to poop. I fed her some high fiber foods and gave her an epsom salt solution to drink. On Friday, I asked how she felt, and she said that it was better and that some sunflower seeds had come out. I asked her if she had eaten whole sunflower seeds, and she said that she had. I could tell that she was afraid of getting in trouble, so I very gently told her that sunflower seed shells do not digest well and will either hurt on the way out or plug up the works completely.

Now that we knew what the problem was, I decided to wait and see if she would have another bowel movement. Sure enough, about twenty minutes ago she woke up to go. She went, and came to tell me that there were sunflower seeds in the toilet. I decided to take a look, figuring that there would be a couple floaties (like when you eat corn). Good God Almighty, I did not expect to see what I saw. No wonder the little girl ached. It looked as if someone had dumped an entire bag of sunflower seeds down the toilet.

It was a good sign that she was passing them (no blockage), and there were no traces of blood, so I figured that I would check on-line for some information regarding sunflower seed shell consumption and evacuation. That's when I came across this site.

http://www.poopreport.com/Stories/Content/shell.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bill of Rights