Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Religious Conflict

I was cautioned by someone that suggesting that Mohammad was not God's prophet is extremely insulting to Muslims.

Really?

By that rationale, can I not counter that suggesting that Mohammed is God's prophet is extremely insulting to Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddists, Athiests, Agnostics, etc.?

Obviously I must think that Mohammad was either crazy or a liar. Otherwise, I'd be Muslim. If I'm wrong, then Allah will punish me.

The difference is that I will not kill or in any way harm someone who suggests that Jesus was not God's Son. I might think that such a person will burn in Hell, but that's not my decision or my doing.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:21 PM

    You are absolutely correct. Muslims believe they must convert the infidels to Islam either through the heart or by the sword. I believe that some day the fate of Islam will be determined by a global religious war. The terrorism we see today is being carried out by extremist. The global war will occur when the moderates also take an overt position. For now, the moderates are content to let the extremist be the point of the sword.

    ReplyDelete

Bill of Rights