Friday, September 07, 2007

Another Kid in Pre-School

My eldest son started pre-school this week. I asked him if he was ready to start school, and he said "No, I'm not going to schoo."

"But you have to go to school," I said. "Besides, you'll make lots of friends!"

"I will kick their butts," he replied.

"Not if you don't want to get in very big trouble," I warned.

To which he again asserted, "I'm not going to schoo!"

Well the day arrived, and my wife and I were a bit worried over how he'd do. However, he went, and he had a good time.

"How was school?" I asked.

"Good," he said with a smile. "I didn't kick any butts!"

I remember setting the bar much higher for his sister, but for now, we'll go with this for him because if he does decide to kick some butts, he'll really beat the hell out of those other kids. He's the toughest little guy that I've ever seen.

P.S. I think that he acquired the idea of going to school and kicking butts from a Spongebob Squarepants episode (the one in which Flats, the flounder, warns Spongebob that he's going to kick Spongebob's butt).

1 comment:

  1. Would your son like to kick a few high school students' butts?

    It would make my school day much, much easier...

    ReplyDelete

Bill of Rights