Monday, September 24, 2007

Ahmadinejad Speaks

During a speech at Columbia University, Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad fended off assaults on his view of the Holocaust. Ahmadinejad has, in the past, denied the Holocaust as an actual event, implying that it is part of a Zionist conspiracy to claim Palestine. However, he seemed to backtrack a bit, granting the possibility that it might have happened, but again asserting that it did not justify Zionism.

Still, in reference to the historical record of the Holocaust, he replied “There’s nothing known as absolute."

I just wish that someone would have then pointed out that there is far more absolute evidence for the Holocaust than even a shred of possible likelihood that Mohammad is God's prophet.

The historical record of Mohammad being God's prophet consists in his saying that he was, and that his followers in centuries hence have been willing to murder anyone who denies or even questions it.

Put that in your Kool-Aid and drink it, Ahmadinejad.

7 comments:

  1. It would also have been cool if some scantily clad but muscle bound guy had screamed, "This is Sparta!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:17 PM

    What are your thoughts about Columbia University allowing, in fact inviting, Ahmadinjad to speak but forbidding the ROTC on campus?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note that they invited Ahmadinjad to speak, and then the university president tore the guy a new butthole.

    As for not allowing the ROTC on campus, I was not aware that they had such a policy. I suppose that it is a college's choice on whether actively to promote military service.

    I'm not against the ROTC, but I don't see why everyone has to be for it. It's nice, actually, when we are allowed to oppose the feds. I only wish that I could do so come tax season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:30 PM

    After checking out the link, I realized that Bollinger was president of U-M when I was there (in the ROTC program for a year). I take full responsibility for convincing him that ROTC cadets cause nothing but trouble. By the way, have you seen my beer bong?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:18 PM

    Lol nice choice of conclusion. Wonder where I've heard that before? :P

    And you're right, it would have been better with a Spartan outburst. What an awesome movie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:50 PM

    300 was entertaining, but not awesome. I think "awesome" should be left for "Troy", or "Beerfest". Oh, that's where I put it. Tastes so good, when it hits your lips...
    (not a reference to alternative lifestyle)

    ReplyDelete

Bill of Rights