Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mark's Question

My five year old son, Mark, asked yesterday, "Dad, how come alcohol doesn't kill grown ups?"

He asked this because I had just finished making rum and cokes (rum and Diet Coke for me--down 30 pounds in about 50 days)for some dinner guests.

I told him that alcohol can indeed kill grown ups, but since they're bigger it takes a lot more to do so.

"Well," he asked, "then how old do you have to be to drink whisky without dying?"

I told him that 21 is the legal drinking age.

"Is that how old you are when you grow hair around your penis?" he replied.

I nearly wet myself--hair and all.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:07 AM

    How does a child go from questions about drinking alcohol to pubic hair in one conversation??? Sooooo, I am sure we all can't wait to hear what your response was. I know that I sure want to know!

    ReplyDelete

Bill of Rights