Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Bunny

It's Easter morning. Why does it have to be so in the morning? Seriously, my kids get up so early to hunt for eggs that I feel like I myself have been dead for three days.

While the kids were hunting for eggs, Natalie surprised me with an argument that could almost have come from Aristotle's Prior Analytics.

At one point during the hunt, I quipped, "Wow, I'm surprised that the Easter Bunny was able to get past Nala, the best rabbit dog in the county!"
"That's because there's no Easter Bunny," she said.
"What do you mean? Who hid these eggs?" I replied.
"You did," she answered. "Besides, an Easter Bunny would have to be magic, and there's no such thing as magic."

I knew that this day would come, but I didn't think it would come so early (she's still just six). At least it's the Easter Bunny and not Santa Claus. I've always thought that the Easter Bunny was the lamest of the holiday figures. Yes, lamer even than the Tooth Fairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bill of Rights