Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Fantasy Football 2--2006 Roster

I am in two fantasy football leagues. Several posts ago, I listed the roster in my other league. In that league, we have been keeping up to six players for several years, and you can see that I have drafted and traded wisely.

In this league, we started from scratch again (no keepers from last season) but will be allowed to keep up to one player for next season.

I had the fourth pick. This was unenvious, for the trinity (S. Alexander, L. Johnson, and L. Tomlinson) was gone, leaving me with good but not great runningbacks to choose...unless I broke with my usual strategy of drafting runningbacks in the first two rounds. Instead of picking S. Jackson (my next highest rated RB), I opted for Peyton Manning. This is how my team looks. I like it, but I don't love it. We play one QB, two RB's, two WR's, one TE, one K, and one D/ST.

QB's: Peyton Manning, Steve McNair, Matt Leinart

RB's: Willis McGahee, Warrick Dunn, Frank Gore, Greg Jones (who is injured and is slated to be replaced by L. Toefield--presuming that no one above me on the waivers list gets him first).

WR's: Plaxico Burress, Eddie Kennison, Reggie Brown, Robert Ferguson, Amani Toomer

TE's: Todd Heap, Ben Watson

K's: Matt Stover, Olindo Mare

D/ST's: Tampa Bay, Minnesota

Any thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:28 PM

    Peyton first? first? thats a horrible pick why not tiki, stephen jackson, edge. rb's are alright thats an alright group wr's are sorry but, garbage. brown isn't gettin the ball, plexico and amani cancell each other out and robert fergueson isn't gettin as many receptions as greg jennings. Te's are very good maybe pick for a trade. Anyway not so great of a team not very imposing-al

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a league that rewards pass completions, Manning will suit me just fine. He will earn more points than S. Jackson, even though I admit that Jackson was the next best RB. As for Tiki Barber, I'm wary of him and his age. He'll probably surprise me again, but I am still wary. As for Edge, he's on the wrong team to rack up the rushing yards and TD's.
    My receivers are a mediocre crew. You called them terrible, but I'd say not quite. Burress will do well. Toomer was a last round pick, so I never expected him to do much anyways. Kennison will do well. As for Brown not "getting the ball," I assume you mean because Phili recently acquired Stallworth. Well, Mr. Smartguy, the draft happened before that trade. Nonetheless, Brown should do decently for a number 3 receiver
    Seriously, you go to town on my number 3 and 4 receivers? What do you expect to be available in a 12 team league?
    Finally, Mr. Studer, please try to write intelligently. It's bad enough that your critique of my team was short-sighted and simple-minded, but to ignore even the most basic conventions of writing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:26 AM

    Well,we shall see my friend, at the end of the year who will be basking in the eternal sunshine that is fantasy football glory and who will be in a compost heap like you will. Hope everything is going good and i will email you soon have fun tuesday!!!!!-al

    ReplyDelete

Bill of Rights