Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Stupid Computer

My computer is acting up again, and worse than ever before. In so many ways, this computer (not the one that I'm actually using, but the one that's on the fritz) has been the best that I've ever had. In other ways, however, it's been a huge mess.

It's pretty much conclusive. I'm done with PCs. If it's not a Windows problem, then its a hardware problem. The only thing left is an act of God (who knows what might happen--I've said, "God damn this computer" so many times that He might just do it).

Once I've scraped together enough money, I'm going Mac, and I'm not turning back. Sure, Macs aren't impervious to problems, but a.) they don't use Windows, and b.) their hardware is much more reliable. c.) They appeal better to the eye, and d.) becoming a Mac owner will help me enjoy those "Hello, I'm a PC; Hi, I'm a Mac" commercials a lot more.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. Mac? Gross.

    My only experience with Mac computers has been at school. I couldn't hate them more. All they've ever done to me is destroy my work and keep me up at night wondering if the teacher will actually believe me when I say "The computer in the library literally ate my homework, sir."

    But PCs aren't perfect, either, I guess. I'll give you that. If I wasn't completely infatuated with my VAIO, maybe I'd be a little less unbiased.

    Then again, based on last year's three-in-the-morning English project dilemma with the school's "brand new" laptop, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete

Bill of Rights