Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Fair Warning

I have a phobia. It is a silly one to most, but to me it represents gut-wrenching terror. Certain friends who have recently uncovered this phobia have come to mock me for it. That is fine. As I said, it seems silly. I will accept the ridicule.

However, these same friends allude to a plot against me: a prank if you will. Allow me please to issue the following warning.

While I will withstand the teasing, I will not tolerate anything more. Do not provoke my wrath, for it will come down with hellfire not seen since the Lord smote your ancestors at Sodom. I don't know how your gene-pool survived that biblical holocaust, but you remain Sodomites from head to toe (especially that area in between). Press me on this--and this is not a dare, it is a warning--and there will be consequences that not even Job could tolerate.

So please, go ahead and poke fun at me, but don't go any farther. Please, for the sake of friendship and the sake of my thus far perfect criminal record: just leave it at that.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:55 AM

    For those of us in the dark, exactly what is your phobia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:08 PM

    I'm afraid of freshwater fish.
    Not oceanic fish. Not even sharks.
    Just freshwater fish.
    I'm positively terrified of lakes.
    I will only walk in rivers if it's assured that I will either be immediately getting into a canoe or I have shoes on.
    I'd seriously rather meet a Great White than play in a lake.

    Does that make you feel better about your phobia?

    ReplyDelete

Bill of Rights