Tuesday, May 22, 2007

And Another Thing

Picture me glowing with pride. Chubby, yes, but still better looking, smarter, and slightly more charming than you.

My six year old daughter (though she'll be seven in less than a month) is reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. We read the first three hundred pages together, but having put down a few novels of her own thus far, I wagered that she had the confidence to take on the latter few hundred of The Goblet of Fire. So I told her that if she finished the book on her own, I would reward her handsomely.

My wife thought for a moment that I was asking to much of Natalie, but Natalie took the challenge. She's actually reading the book on her own. When she finds a word that she doesn't know and cannot decipher via context clues, she asks one of us. Thus far, she's doing fantastically.

I am glowing, and jiggling--though slightly less, as I am down ten pounds now.

I was a smart kid, but I think that she's smarter. In the very least, she has parents who know the value of a challenging education.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bill of Rights