Saturday, July 07, 2007

Global Warming: Rated "P-13" for Moderately Foul Language

Live Earth: musicians pool their talents to convince people to think, preach, and act counterintuitively to the truth.

It reminds me of the failed "Vote for Change" tour of musicians (e.g. Bruce Springsteen, John Mellancamp, etc.) who tried to convince us that John Kerry was a statesman.

Neither is true. It doesn't matter that Springsteen and Mellancamp are responsible for great lyrics like

Down in the shadow of the penitentiary
Out by the gas lines of the refinery
I'm ten years burning down the road
Nowhere to run, ain't go nowhere to go
(Springsteen)

or

Life goes on
Long after the thrill
Of livin' is gone.
(Mellancamp)

They are musicians. They act like philosophers and they try desperately to speak like poets, but in the end they hold a guitar in one hand, a joint in the other, and talk as if recording a hit album was the equivalent of walking out of Plato's cave.

How many times do I have to say it? The earth has been warming naturally since the end of the Ice Age. Let's talk scientific facts. There was an Ice Age. Everything was really freaking cold. Tens of thousands of years ago--before factories, cars, etc.--the Earth started to warm. We have been warming ever since. These are freaking facts, and still these freaking (choose one) a. fascist b. communist c. retarded a-holes are running around like chicken little because data shows that the climate is warming.

No crap, Corky. If the climate wasn't warming, then my ass would be frozen on a glacier. Thanks for the info, dude.

I'm sorry for the use of such crass language, but I'm at the end of my wits here. Are people so freaking stupid that they follow this crap? The global warming 'tards say that we need to listen to them because it concerns the future for your children and grandchildren, etc.

I say this, if we do listen to you, then there's not much hope for our children and grandchildren, etc.

By the way, if anyone ever says "and et cetera," do me a favor and call them ignorant. the et in et cetera already means "and."
!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:25 PM

    I heard on the radio today that the South Africa show was very underattended and highly criticized, due to record LOW temperatures and the earliest snowfall in years! I hypothesize that since South Africa is in the Southern Hemisphere, they are actually cooling down, while we are warming up. I call it "Hemispherical Warming". Now I have to write a book to get credit for this idea before Al Gore steals it! I also read a reader comment in the opinions page of the Macomb Daily where some guy from Macomb Twp. ranted on about how everything we do in our daily lives is a sin against the environment. Maybe, but the idiot left no solution. He even included himself as a violator! What's the point in saying everyone is killing the planet if, according to the global warmers, it's inevitable anyways? Shit, I don't know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have other countries in the Southern Hempisphere experienced record low temperatures? If they haven't, then I'm afraid that you do not have much of a case.

    ReplyDelete

Bill of Rights