Sunday, June 24, 2007

Harry Potter and Meat

If you haven't yet read them, then do read the Harry Potter novels. They are quite good. The first two novels are typical(but quality) teenage literature. However, the subsequent ones are much deeper, darker, and satisfying--but only if you start from the beginning.

In light of this, I must confess that I would not be a well behaved wizard.

I read up to The Goblet of Fire with Natalie, and then turned it over to her, but she's so painfully slow in her progress--probably because she just turned seven--that I could not wait and read ahead. I'm now nearly finished with The Order of the Phoenix--the best one yet.

I simply couldn't wait for her, not since the final installment is nearly due--and I want to read it myself before I hear about it.

Like I said, I would not have been a well behaved wizard. Ever since I started The Goblet of Fire, I keep wishing for Harry to use Avada Kedavra on several characters (e.g. Umbridge, Snape, Fudge, both Malfoys, the Crabbes, the Goyles, and (of course) Wormtail and Voldemort).

While I am pretty much against the use of violence, there are times when, I dare say, people need killing (or at least hurting)--see my previous comments on Hugo Chavez and Keanu Reeves.

So much for me being a pacifist.

I'm like a vegetarian who craves beef.

MMM--beef. It's what's for dinner.

Hell yes, it is!

And Pork's not just the other white meat. It is the white meat. Chicken is for peasants, though it's quite good when cooked on a grill.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:47 PM

    The sixth book is a bit weird. Fifth book is my favorite. I live for the Weasley twins and how everyone just gives the Ministry hell.

    And meat is delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Bill of Rights