Thursday, September 14, 2006

Avoid the Call!

I received a telephone call from a Republican organization. The caller started to tell me all about Governor Granholm's broken promises et al., but I stopped him short with the following (pay heed, for it might serve you well, young padawan):

"Excuse me, but I'm an anarchist who stops just short of believing that all polticians should be executed as public enemies. Needless to say, I'm not the one to whom you wish to spend your time talking."

I said it calmly, but with just a hint of possible insanity. To the caller's credit, he did conclude with, "O.K., then, as long as you're not voting for Granholm."

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:54 PM

    Be careful you are not put on some government agency’s watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, my having said that I am an anarchist etc. to some tool with a telephone does not make me one. I have never been active in the anarchist movement, and I don't plan to be.

    Second, it should be duly noted that even if I was serious, I also said that I stopped short of harming anyone.

    Third, such a move by the government would only serve to exemplify its innate trend toward tyranny (do you like the alliteration?).

    ReplyDelete

Bill of Rights