Sunday, November 04, 2007

Golf Guy's Comments

Golf Guy's computer has been acting up, and I can sympathize with him. There's a rumor that my "good" computer will be repaired and returned soon, but until then I'm stuck in Windows 98 limbo.

Anyways, Golf Guy's computer freezes up whenever he tries to comment to my posts. He blames the computer, but I think that it's Giuliani/Clinton orchestrated plot. Whatever the case, I will report Golf Guy's comment faithfully.

To my post regarding the actual meaning of the word "liberal," Golf Guy suggests that Democrats are indeed "liberal" with our money. I reply that the same sentiment could apply to Republicans (minus Ron Paul) as well.

However, I also suggest that Golf Guy himself is skewing the connotation of the word. He means that the Democrats spend our money freely (i.e. without control). This is true, but "liberal" is not the proper word. Since our money is our property, and we are free men with natural rights to our property, those people who take our property against our will cannot be liberal. In fact, such people are tyrannical--they deprive others of their freedoms. You are free to enjoy your freedoms. You are not free to inhibit others' freedoms.

He also suggested that Jeff Buckley's version of "Hallelujah" is even more haunting than John Lennon's "Imagine."

I'm not sure if "haunting" is an appropriate participle for "Imagine," but I'll give him that Buckley's song is haunting. "Imagine" might be called "hauntingly beautiful," but "Hallelujah" rings of "hauntingly tragic," even mournful.

Alas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bill of Rights