Saturday, May 01, 2010

The Government Is Us?

While I take exception to several parts of Obama's recent speech to students at the University of Michigan, this one annoys me the most:

"What troubles me is when I hear people say that all of government is inherently bad . . . For when our government is spoken of as some menacing, threatening foreign entity, it ignores the fact that in our democracy, government is us."

Bullshit, Mr. Obama, Bullshit. If it was, then my taxes would be lower.

I am not your government, nor am I a part of it, or is it a part of me. I merely endure this government.

By the way, Mr. Obama: don't use the object pronoun "us" as a predicate noun. You would never say "Us is government."

1 comment:

  1. What a laugh to say that the Wall Street fiasco is an example of too little government. He's just perpetuating the lie that things will be better in the long run by putting the nation into astronomical debt to save the companies "too big to fail". I bet Drew is as proud as I am that our alma mater bestowed an honorary doctorate to him. About as proud as we are of Ted Kazinczky.

    ReplyDelete

Bill of Rights