Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Warning

When you are young, all adults--even the worst--seem amazing. What with their incredible size and confidence, they are not to be reckoned with--at least by the likes of you.

However, when you age, you realize that the formerly awesome ones are mere mortals much the same as you--petty in some respects and overall vulnerable to the evils that afflict mankind.

For this reason, I do not hate those who would presume to deny me my patrimony. However, I will fight them.

And they must know this before the next stage.

I will not deny my origins or my birthright. I will not bow down because at one time you were greater than I.

The idiot who told you that I would be docile and accept a perverse interpretation of the law is exactly an idiot. I am my father's son, his legacy, and I will stand tall as such.

I will have what is mine and leave you with what is yours.

Be careful with how you proceed, or I will have that as well.

Nemo me impune lacessit.

And yet, I wish with every fiber of my body that this cup should pass.

However, I will not surrender simply because I prefer peace. The peace to come will either be the peace of all served justly or Kant's peace of the graveyard (metaphorically, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bill of Rights